Beaphar Canishield Dog Collar
Medicinal category: NFA-VPS.
Beaphar Canishield® collar contains the insecticide, deltamethrin, which is slowly released from the poly matrix of the collar. Beaphar Canishield® kills fleas for up to sixteen weeks, ticks for up to six months and sandflies for up to five and half months. For best results, use early in the season before fleas are seen, and at least one week before your dog is likely to be exposed to ticks. Great for dogs travelling abroad at risk of leishmaniasis, which is transmitted by sandflies. Beaphar Canishield collar is suitable for dogs from 7 weeks of age.
This product can only be supplied by a vet, pharmacist or Suitably Qualified Person (SQP). 95% of the flea's lifecycle is in the home. When tackling a flea problem, in addition to treating your pet always use a household insecticide, such as Beaphar FLEAtec or the Beaphar Extra Long Lasting Household Flea Spray for your home.
- Effective for up to 6 months
- Comfortable collar
- Suitable for dogs from 7 weeks of age
- Kills fleas, ticks and sandflies
- UK authorised veterinary medicine
To ensure that you read the most up to date information about this product, please check the VMD's Product Information Database.
Do not use on cats. Serious adverse reaction and death could occur. Do not use on dogs under 7 weeks of age. Do not use on sick or convalescent animals. Do not use on pregnant or lactating bitches. If skin irritation does occur, remove the collar immediately and seek veterinary advice. Never allow any animal to chew the collar. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. In case of accidental oral exposure or ingestion, seek medical advice and show the package leaflet or the box to the doctor. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling the treated collar. Do not smoke, eat or drink while handling the collar. Do not allow children to play with the collar or to chew or suck on it. A pet wearing a flea collar should not sleep in bed with people, particularly children. Extremely dangerous to aquatic life. Do not contaminate ponds, waterways or ditches with product or empty packaging. Keep out of reach of children. For animal treatment only.
- Remove the collar from the sachet immediately prior to use. To fit, place around your dog's neck and slide the free end through the buckle and tighten leaving enough room to insert two fingers between the collar and neck. If fitted too tightly the collar may cause irritation, but if fitted too loosely or the dog may be able to get a foot or tooth under the collar and become caught up attempting to remove it
- Cut off any collar sticking out beyond 5cm. Wrap this cut-off piece in a bag and throw it in your dustbin
- Remember to periodically check and loosen the collar if fitted onto a growing puppy
- Beaphar Canishield® collar is suitable for dogs from 7 weeks of age