Thundershirt Calming Anxiety Dog Coat
ThunderShirt is a jacket that applies gentle pressure on your dog (like swaddling a baby) that has been proven to reduce anxiety, and have a calming effect on dogs in anxiety-provoking situations. More than 85% of dogs were less anxious when wearing ThunderShirt and it helps 3 out of 4 dogs to relieve their anxiety.
- Trainer and Veterinary recommended
- A proven effective solution for dog anxiety
Thundershirt is ideal for short term situations such as:
- Home Alone
- Car Travel
- General Anxieties
- It works even better alongside Adaptil
No training required however we have some great tips for introducing Thundershirt to your dog!
- Try ThunderShirt on your dog the first few times when they're feeling calm & loved
- Put ThunderShirt in your laundry basket so it starts to smell familiar
- Use Adaptil alongside ThunderShirt for ultimate support
- Put ThunderShirt in your dog's bed or crate and give them lots of snuggles
- During a calm period, try ThunderShirt on your dog for 1-2 hours, Engage with treats, play and more snuggles!
- Try taking a walk in the ThunderShirt. More treats and positive reinforcement
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Worked brilliant for my dog on bonfire night.Bought this 2 weeks ago as my dog gets very distressed on bonfire night , it is amazing she was a different dog once I put it on her for the first time in 8 yrs she slept through bonfire night, she was so calm and relaxed I highly recommend this product it's amazing.
OkMy dog has separation anxiety & has recently got petrified by fireworks & someone suggested a thunder shirt to me. However, this hasn't worked very well. It just depends on how much of a state my dog has got himself in. Hope this helps.
It really works!Having the family WFH for several months, it was a shock for our small dog to find himself on his own again during the day. He cried throughout the day. This anxiety jacket (which he loves) helped from day one. Highly recommend.
Too bigI bought this a couple of weeks ago now and I tried it on my labrador - his chest measured 79cm so I ordered the xl size.....miles to big for him. No problem returning it with my next Ocado order and I ordered the lower size L which fits him much better. It's a bit fiddly to get on him as he wants to play with it (he is 3years old). The vet thought it may help with his anxiety but not had a chance to put this to the test yet. Fingers crossed as we have tried most things. I know swaddling works with babies so fingers crossed it works with our dog!
It didnâ€™t work for my puppyI so hoped that this would calm my 8 month old mini poodle in the car, but sadly it didnâ€™t. He liked having it put on and was comfortable in it. An expensive try out.