VetPlus Aktivait Medium and Large Dog Tablets
Aktivait is a nutraceutical supplement containing natural antioxidants and substances that support brain function. Aktivait combines key nutrients necessary for sustaining optimum brain function. It contains antioxidants (vitamins C and E, selenium, co-enzyme Q10, Î±-lipoic acid and N-acetyl cysteine) and compounds that affect metabolism and function of the brain cells (carnitine, phosphatidylserine and the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA). It helps to prevent free radical damage and support electrical transmission between nerve cells in the brain. Cognitive dysfunction is a progressive condition that will tend to get worse with age. So supplementation with Aktivait should begin as soon as any signs are seen. It can also be given to dogs from middle age onwards to help support normal brain function. Aktivait comes in an eaasy to administer capsule and can either be sprinkled onto your dog's food or given whole.
- Phosphatidylserine – A phospholipid, which helps to maintain normal cell membrane function
- Omega 3 fatty Acids – eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- L-Carnitine – Essential for cellular metabolism and healthy mitochondrial function
- Co-enzyme Q10 – Used to aid energy production, also has potent antioxidant effects
- Selenium – An antioxidant and important mineral in maintaining natural cognitive function
- Vitamin E – A very potent antioxidant and lipid soluble vitamin with cell-protecting effects
- Vitamin C – A water soluble antioxidant vitamin
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – A coenzyme used in mitochondrial metabolism, also has antioxidant effects
- Support your dog's vitality and energy
- Support memory and mental alertness
- Support your dog's quality of life
- Phosphatidylserine – a phospholipid, which helps to maintain normal cell membrane function
- Omega 3 fatty acids – eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- L-Carnitine – essential for cellular metabolism and healthy mitochondrial function
- Co-enzyme Q10 – used to aid energy production, also has potent antioxidant effects
- Selenium – an antioxidant and important mineral in maintaining natural cognitive function
- Vitamin E – a very potent antioxidant and lipid soluble vitamin with cell-protecting effects
- Vitamin C – a water soluble antioxidant vitamin
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – a coenzyme used in mitochondrial metabolism, also has antioxidant effects.
|10 - 20kg|| |
21 - 40kg.
|3 capsules |
Improvements from Aktivait have been reported as early as 3-4 weeks after the start of supplementation but this will vary by age, breed and the severity of the changes present.
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Probably worth a tryThe vet suggested trying these for a couple of months to see if they help - she feels my dog likely has early onset dementia arising out of her underlying health condition and sensory impairments. I don't have any trouble giving the sizeable tablets to her in her meals (polyphagia has some advantages!); However, I wouldn't say we are getting definite improvements. We gave it two months as recommended, had a month off and tried again to compare. Very expensive for long term use, especially given it is a food supplement rather than a drug, so given the lack of clear benefits in our case, I think our money is better spent on other things.
AktivateMy springer had a vestibular disease I give her 2 tablets a day and she is running around as if she was a puppy and she’s 15 this year. Recommend them to an older dog
Great tabaletI have been buying Aktivait for my 11 year old Whippet, for about 6 months and was very pleased with the difference in him,, the first few lots of tablets were the one you could open and sprinkle on their food which was great, as my dog hates tablets, but this time when I ordered them, the tablets have been changed from ones to sprinkle on their food to a medium size tablet, I queried why they have changed them and was told they have made the tablet to be more like a treat tasting, rather than a tablet, at first my dog wouldn't take them, so I was a bit annoyed in the company changing them, but now after nearly a month he takes them and crunches away and tablet gone. I must admit I would prefer the tablets that you can open and sprinkle on their food.
Why changed?!!Been using this product for 2 years and its been excellent but this time I was sent huge tablets instead of the usual capsules to sprinkle on her food and she just cant manage to take them; they crumble when cut. An expensive mistake and I really cannot recommend them unless you can guarantee the capsules or your dog likes huge tables.
SAVED OUR SPRINGERS ANXIETYOur 12 year old springer started having frightening signs of anxiety, often occuring at night time, the vet said it was dementia , she suggested aktivait . We started him off with one a day as he weighs 20kg, this was ok for a few months, then he started to have his anxiety attacks again. We now give him one in the morning and one at night, he has improved tremendously . His life has been transformed, and ours...